Hello 2/3 Families,
May is flying by! It was great to see students’ focus and dedication to sharing their work with you at student-led conferences. Thank you for being so supportive!
Students will be presenting “El Gran Capoquero” on Monday, June 3rd at 10:45 AM. We will also record the presentation to post online because we know mid-day presentations are challenging.
We are looking ahead to our final unit of inquiry. Students will be exploring Where We Are in Place and Time by inquiring into how evidence from discoveries may explain how the earth has changed over time. Our three lines of inquiry are:
- Identifying the different changes on Earth over time. (eras-geological timeline)
- Understanding evidences that explain changes on Earth. (fossils, tectonic plate, continental drift, rocks and minerals)
- Interpreting changes between past and modern life forms. (non-avian theropods and modern birds).
If you or someone you know has knowledge or experiences to share with the students, please contact one of the 2/3 teachers. We would love to have the opportunity to learn from you!
We took one week off from English homework to lighten the load on families during conferences. We will resume English homework on Monday for 3 weeks in May. Students will complete a ‘story plot mountain’ about a book they are reading at home. We have practiced this in class by analyzing a book and following this format to plan a writing project. Students will analyze a different book each week, identifying the introduction, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution in their book. They will focus on capturing big ideas, not every single detail.
Regular math homework will resume next week. Please remind your child to complete just one side each night.
Notes from the Office
- Leaving School Before June 12?
- Please let the office know if your child is leaving the school for summer before June 12 (last day of school).
- Library Reminders: Last day to check out books is May 10
- Library Books should be returned by May 31. A list of overdue books will be placed in your child’s cubby by next week.
- SILVERWOOD TICKETS ARE HERE! If your child turned in a reading log during I Love to Read month and read more than 10 hours (600 minutes), they earned a free ticket to Silverwood Theme Park. Those tickets will come home in their homework folder. Your child’s name will be on the ticket. There are no replacement tickets.
- Spanish Speaking at the Farmers Market
- Kate and Addy from the Hellgate High School IB Spanish class are looking for Spanish speakers to talk to at our local Clark Fork farmers market every Saturday this May.
- MIS RUNdraiser – May 19
- Check your email for more information from the office!
- El Gran Capoquero Presentation – June 3rd, 10:45 AM
- End of Year Performance and 8th Grade Graduation – Friday, June 7
- End of Year class parties (AM) and Field Day (PM) – Tuesday, June 11
- More information to come!
- Last Day of School (Half-day!) – Wednesday, June 12
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2/3 Team