Hello 2/3 Families,
It is hard to believe the end of the year is coming!
To the end the year, students will be presenting “El Gran Capoquero” on Monday, June 3rd at 10:45 AM. We will also record the presentation to post online because we know mid-day presentations are challenging.
We started our final unit this week; maybe you noticed the footprints on your way in this morning! Students are exploring Where We Are in Place and Time by inquiring into how evidence from discoveries may explain how the earth has changed over time. Our three lines of inquiry are:
- Identifying the different changes on Earth over time. (eras-geological timeline)
- Understanding evidences that explain changes on Earth. (fossils, tectonic plate, continental drift, rocks and minerals)
- Interpreting changes between past and modern life forms. (non-avian theropods and modern birds).
If you or someone you know has knowledge or experiences to share with the students, please contact one of the 2/3 teachers. We would love to have the opportunity to learn from you!
Thank you, Becks, for sharing with the students and helping them understand all the changes our world has seen! Check out the pictures from this special presentation under the Photos tab!
Notes from the Office
- Leaving School Before June 12?
- Please let the office know if your child is leaving the school for summer before June 12 (last day of school).
- Library Reminders
- Library Books should be returned by May 31. A list of overdue books will be placed in your child’s cubby by next week.
- SILVERWOOD TICKETS ARE HERE! If your child turned in a reading log during I Love to Read month and read more than 10 hours (600 minutes), they earned a free ticket to Silverwood Theme Park. Those tickets should have come home in their homework folder. Your child’s name was be on the ticket. There are no replacement tickets.
- Spanish Speaking at the Farmers Market
- Kate and Addy from the Hellgate High School IB Spanish class are looking for Spanish speakers to talk to at our local Clark Fork farmers market every Saturday this May.
- MIS RUNdraiser – May 19
- Check your email for more information from the office!
- El Gran Capoquero Presentation – June 3rd, 10:45 AM
- End of Year Performance and 8th Grade Graduation – Friday, June 7
- 3:30-5:00 PM, U of M Music Recital Hall
- End of Year class parties (AM) and Field Day (PM) – Tuesday, June 11
- More information to come!
- Last Day of School (Half-day!) – Wednesday, June 12
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2/3 Team