Hello 2/3 Families,
It is hard to believe we are so close to the end of the school year! Make sure you get all the dates from the Upcoming Events (below) onto your calendar. Some of these provide some great volunteer opportunities as well. If you need volunteer hours, please contact your child(ren)’s classroom teacher or the office to learn how you can help! We have lots of options and you don’t have to speak Spanish.
Next week is the last week of written English homework! This week, we have been identifying the main idea in texts that are read aloud, exploring how to take notes about different dinosaurs.
As students continue to explore where we are in place and time, they have looked at videos that show changes in the earth and used that information to begin a timeline in their classroom.
We need 1 or 2 liter bottles for an activity this next week. If you have any, please send them (rinsed) to school on Tuesday. Thanks!
Notes from the Office
- Preschool and Kindergarten parents – Join us on our playground on Wednesday, May 29th at 12:30 p.m. for a playdate! Meet our new families in Kindergarten and preschool next year.
- Please return all library books. Lost book fines will be assessed on June 3.
- NO SCHOOL – Friday, May 24 AND Monday, May 27
- El Gran Capoquero Presentation – June 3rd, 10:45 AM
- End of Year Performance and 8th Grade Graduation – Friday, June 7
- 3:30-5:00 PM, U of M Music Recital Hall
- End of Year class parties (AM) and Field Day (PM) – Tuesday, June 11
- More information to come!
- Last Day of School (Half-day!) – Wednesday, June 12
Enjoy the long weekend with your child(ren)!
The 2/3 Team