Hello 2/3 Families,
Did you hear what the students have been working on this week? Volcanoes! They are loving this experience, working well with their classmates to share the work. We will share pictures of the finished products next week!
We went partway up Jumbo this afternoon to look at the Missoula Valley and consider how it has changed over time. Thank you, Adam for exploring and sharing your knowledge with the students! See the photos tab for a better look at what the students did this afternoon.
We are excited to share with you “El Gran Capoquero” on Monday. The presentation will be at 10:45 in the gym. We understand that mid-day performances can be challenging so we will record the performance. Look for the recording to be up on the school’s YouTube channel by the end of the school year.
In English, we are finishing off the year with some quick book clubs and time spent practicing note taking by listening for the main idea and supporting details.
Due to the End of Year performance on Friday, there will be no English homework next week, unless your child chooses to bring home their book club book to read. Some students are choosing to do that so they can do other activities in class.
On that note, all homework is done for the year! Please continue to keep homework folders for the remainder of the year incase we need to send home end of year communications.
Notes from the Office
- Please return all library books. Lost book fines will be assessed on June 3.
- El Gran Capoquero Presentation – June 3rd, 10:45 AM
- In the Gym
- End of Year Performance and 8th Grade Graduation – Friday, June 7
- 3:30-5:00 PM, U of M Music Recital Hall
- End of Year class parties (AM) and Field Day (PM) – Tuesday, June 11
- See email from room parents about the class party. There are still volunteer opportunities!
- Last Day of School (Half-day!) – Wednesday, June 12
- Whole School Assembly 9-10
- 3rd Grade celebration (all 2/3 families welcome!) 10:15-11:15
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2/3 Team