Hello 2/3 Families,
We have had a great week of learning how Indigenous cultures may influence beliefs and values of modern communities. More specifically, we are exploring three lines of inquiry.
- Understanding the distinct and unique characteristics of indigenous people: values, beliefs, spirituality and traditions.
- Recognizing the importance of indigenous cultures.
- Reflecting on similarities and differences between indigenous people and our own cultures.
Thank you to Oscar, Cherith and Louise from Humanities Montana for sharing with both classes about local and global indigenous cultures. Check out pictures from all of these visits here! We have more speakers coming next week, but there are still a few times for the students to learn from you as well. If you or someone you know would like to share with the classes, please contact one of the 2/3 teachers.
We have an incredible opportunity to go on a field trip on TUESDAY! We will be going to the People’s Center in Pablo, MT to learn more about Native American culture in Montana. Please be at school by 8:30 so we can leave promptly. We will return to school around 2:30. If you are interesting in joining us, please let one of the 2/3 teachers know.
Wednesday morning, we had our first whole school assembly. Students learned a little bit about Marta and Isabelle, two interns at MIS from Spain, and we all danced to some Spanish music.
In English, we are starting to develop our workshop structure. Students are practicing how to make a choice between different activities, considering what they want to get done that day and how they stay respectful of their classmates when working on different projects.
In Design, students continued to explore how things are created by weaving. We looked back at our plans from last week and started to create! Over the next several weeks, students will be weaving during their design class. We hope to have these projects finished by G-Day to share with the visitors!
- Field Trip to Pablo – Tuesday, September 24, all day
- All Parent meeting – Thursday, September 26, 6:30 PM
- NO SCHOOL – Monday, September 30
- 2/3 Potluck – Monday, October 7
- More information to come!
- G-Day – Wednesday, October 16
Have a wonderful weekend!
The 2/3 Team